Monday, November 21, 2005

Ah Renton . . .

I lived in the heart of Seattle--lovely Capitol Hill--for nine glorious years. For those of you who don't know Seattle, the hill is a wonderfully diverse neighborhood of where there's a great mix of multimillion dollar homes, crappy little apartments, fabulous resturants, bars, and clubs, homeless teenagers, and beautiful parks and open spaces. It was a fabulous, bustling place.

I don't live there anymore . . .

My wife and I bought a house and moved south--to Renton. Renton is a bit different than Capitol Hill. There are a couple pretty good resturaunts, and a few ok bars, but by and large, it's a bit lacking. So my wife and I have been on a crusade to find all of the little gems that make living in this southland-not paradise a little more fun. We'll use this blog to catch you up on where we are on that project, and post from time to time as we have new adventures.

2 comments:

AMSartor said...

We moved from capitol hill to the u-dist to lake city to renton, so I don't think it was quite as much of a culture shock, but I do find myself taking the bus into seattle (just to hang out) an aweful lot these days. Thanks for reviewing all the restaurants, found any good sushi yet?

Anonymous said...

Fun to find your blog. We now live just north of the Greenfresh Market off Rainier Ave, and although we're technically still in Seattle, we're realizing that we actually live in Renton now. Thanks for all the tips; we'll check in from time to time.