Monday, June 05, 2006

The Bust Next Door

News flash!
At about 8 PM tonight the King County Sheriff's Office staged a raid on my next door neighbor's house on 130th Street. The neighbors have "lived" next door for about a year, but I'd never met them or spoken to them and barely saw them...It seemed awfully quiet not to ever hear the neighbors, but who's complaining?
About a year ago the nice old lady next door sold her house to a Vietnamese family, after rejecting a prospective buyer because they were an unmarried couple.
Tonight I'm in the kitchen eating ice cream when I hear loud banging and crashing from next door and hear a yell "King County Sheriff's Office-Search Warrant!" and they bust in.
I try not to seem like the nosy neighbor that I am, but I see there's a sheriff employee talking to some other neighbors on the corner and I join them and ask what's up.
...To make a long story short, the neighbors got busted for, according to the Sheriff dude "A very large marijuana grow operation."
No wonder they were so quiet. They didn't live there!
As of this moment the sheriffs folks are still next door hauling stuff away and complaining about doing this on straight time.
One of the elderly neighbors was asking the sheriff dude about the price of marijuana and he reported it to be around 5500 dollars a pound, and about a pound an a quarter per plant. He didn't reveal how much they confiscated. I actually kind of wish it was something a little more exciting like stolen art masterpieces, but it certainly was the excitement of the year.
If I'd only known.....

1 comment:

Freakazoid Freddy said...

I think the operative words are "these WERE the people around the corner. I think their house will be confiscated.
Don't know how much they got busted for but the cop folk were hauling big black garbage bags from the house into their police van.