Saturday, September 16, 2006

Gordy's Steak and BBQ

I've been to Gordy's a few times. It's located in Tukwila at 13500 Interurban Avenue S, at the Foster Golf Links. 206-267-7427 gordysbbq.com

Gordy's is pleasant, comfortable and not too expensive.
It has big windows overlooking the golf course, but it's not a pretentious place.

Diners can select from entree salads, sandwiches and burgers, BBQ, steaks, and seafood.
Salads include a smoked salmon cobb, a seafood salad featuring dungeness crab and smoked salmon and shrimp, and a prime rib fajita salad.

Sandwiches include BBQ favoties like pulled pork, brisket, chicken, hot link, as well as bratwurst, a crab melt, and a vegetarian Portobello burger.
The Foster Burger includes avocado, bacon, and cheese.

Seafood entrees include catfish, crab cakes, and smoked salmon. I believe it is in house smoked salmon, and is very nice and moist.

I haven't had the steak there, but have had the BBQ chicken and pork ribs.
I love most BBQ ribs, and Gordy's is no exception. They're smoked in house and are tender. The BBQ sauce is wimpy and mild. The cole slaw is pleasant and not too sweet nor too mayonnaisey.

The place is on a golf course, and is sort of upscale, so you could choose to spend a lot of money there, but you don't have to.
Service has always been friendly and efficient.

All in all, this is a place worth going to.
I've had far worse BBQ, though I prefer Jones BBQ to Gordy's.
Nonetheless, overall, the food is better than average quality, the service is good, the atmosphere pleasant, not too expensive, and a place I will continue to revisit periodically.
I like Gordy's.

2 comments:

Brother Matt said...

yay for Renton! I've been to Gordy's up past snoqualmie and would recommend the prime rib dip. And if I remember, there was some freakish creation called the prime rib salad? Maybe that was a bad dream.

Just noticed the other day that there was one in Tukwilla. Go figure. And did you see the seattleweekly article on the Renton artist? See, we are hip down here in the southend.

Freakazoid Freddy said...

Gordy's does have a prime rib salad. I haven't ordered it, it sounds even weirder than I am.
... An artist in Renton?
That usually means it's a good time to invest in real eatate ina particular place, when gays and artists start moving in.