Saturday, January 19, 2008

Tidbits ( On Toast)

Was it the power of the Renton Hipster?
Yes, Mimosa on Airport Way, Freakazoid Freddy's choice as "the worst restaurant in Renton" has changed hands and changed names. It is now Tri An Quan, with hours from 7AM-1AM.
I'm assuming it's Vietnamese ( like duh. With a name like that, it should be a Jewish delicatessen?)
Their parking lot is frequently full. Which doesn't mean anyone's eating there. Maybe the new owner owns a lot of cars. I will check it out and report back.

Golden Indian Curry, with branches both on Southcenter Parkway and on the East Hill of Kent, has one of the better Indian lunch buffets, and at 7.99, one of the better deals. The only Indian lunch buffet in Renton can be had at Pabla, across the way from the downtown Fred Meyer.
Naan and Curry no longer does a lunch buffet, but I still like 'em for dinner.

Opening soon at The Landing, Renton's new shopping and residential complex will be a Red Robin.
So far, the Landing doesn't really impress me, with Lowes, Target, Staples, and Panda Express.
I'd rather see stores that were unique, not big chain stores that could be found in Dubuque, Iowa, or Hightstown, New Jersey...But Red Robin does have a cheeseburger salad, a nice big mixed greens salad topped with melted cheese and sauteed onions and mushrooms.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with being disappointed with The Landing. I keep hoping something more unique or higher end will come in. I think Renton is up for supporting it, whether its shops or great restaurants, not just the chains of both.

Anonymous said...

It is nice not to have to go to Southcenter to a Target, though...

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I hope I can contribute sometime.