Thursday, September 24, 2009

Primo's Tacos

A scary thought occurred to me. Many of the restaurants I've reviewed in the last 3+ years are out of business. Some of them I've loved and miss dearly. One such restaurant that recently changed hands is now called Primo Tacos, and is at 239 Sunset Ave N. It most recently housed Antojitos La Villa, and before that was a Colombian place. It has hardly changed in it's most recent incarnation, and that's a good thing. It's friendly, it's cheap, and it's good. Renton is blessed to have many, many places to get tacos. Primos has more thn tacos, and has items not commonly found in more typical Mexican restaurants, such as huaraches ( not the sandals).
One of these days I'll do an extensive " best tacos in Renton" post. Until then, why not suggest taco places for me to try, not including Taco Bell and Taco time?

3 comments:

Lady P said...

don't have any taco place for you to try - just like the idea of you getting out there in the hurache trenches and trying some out for us - lead on, dear Freddy!!

Unknown said...

Dude!
I have the key to the Taco world (almost literally).
This is a great idea you've come up with. There are a lot of Taco spots you can visit in Renton alone and I know most of the owners. Hek, It was my job to help Primo's get settled in there and just recently helped Taqueria El Asadero finally get a physical location and it happens to be in Renton. Let's connect soon! If this works out, we can do a Puget Sound Tour, lol.

Daniel Ramiro
Business Consultant
ALTEZA Marketing & Design
altezamarketing@gmail.com

hellachris said...

Haven't had the tacos at Taco Del Rey yet (on 180th next to Herfy's) but I go for their burrito atleast once every 2 weeks. Being a CA native (moved up here summer of '07) I had been looking for really good mexican food and Taco Del Rey is the best burrito I've found so far up here. Advice: order the regular carne asada burrito with beans and ask for "no rice, no pico, no salsa... just meat & beans"