Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Like Beer

As Freidrich Nietzsche said, or was it Tom T Hall " I like beer. It makes me a jolly good fellow."

Renton is blessed by an abundance of places to have a good microbrew. Just to name a few, A Terrible Beauty, The Red House, Whistle Stop Ale House, River Rock Grill, and my current fave, The Dog and Pony. The Dog and Pony, at 351 Park Avenue N. has 30 something beers on tap. They also have great food, reasonably priced, and a funny menu ( funny HaHa not funny strange). It's a friendly place. They show movies outside on their patio Saturday nights in the summer, and it's not unusual to see well behaved dogs at their masters feet on the patio, looking just a little pissed that their people are eating pulled pork or a Kobe burger while they've just finished their Kenl Ration kibbles. On busy nights service can be a little slow, but the servers there work hard and are unfailingly pleasant. The menu is pretty diverse. You can get carnitas and you can get Greek salad and you can get Mac and cheese. I've yet to have something there I didn't like.
Every other Wednesday is brewer's night, where a rep from a brewery gives away things like t shirts and beer mugs, swag.

4 comments:

mikeflynn said...

Highly recommended, we go there usually once a week. Usually almost half of their taps are reserved for IPA's and Imperial IPA's, so if you like hops you will surely find something you love. The waitresses are all really nice and the atmosphere is really welcoming. Our favorite place in Renton by far.

Unknown said...

A most excellent pub! Liked it for a long time as they were non-smoking well before the ban.

Spent several evenings in the beer garden while I was in town in July/August. Only hit the Whistle Stop twice. Enjoyed the Deschutes & Sierra Nevada brewers nights!

Menu wise it's tops. Did note they don't have the bangers & mash on anymore though.

WIwoman said...

I read this recommendation and went to the pub last night. This place is a new favorite! We got a couple of beers and an appetizer- really great. The staff is the nicest. I was given the option to try a sample of the beer I chose before ordering it. I was really happy the bartender suggested the sample because I wasn't all that crazy about the brew. So I chose another and that beer was perfect. Great patio!

Anonymous said...

..mmmmm..beer!.