Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Are some locations just cursed for restaurants?

I'm thinking of the space in downtown Renton that was Uncle Mac's, and Three Sisters, and Sandra's Place, the place at 509B S 3rd St, adjacent to Bella Napoli, across the street from Big 5.
Well, guess what? Sandra's is gone after a short stay, and has been replaced by Geri 's Casual Dining. I tried it. I liked it. Extensive menu, including grilled salmon, roast chicken, ribs, steak, burgers...Service was kind of slow, the ribs were top notch as were the greens, but...
I have no problem with religious people of any faith. But when I ask someone how they are, can't they just say "fine?" Why do I have to hear " I'm blessed." When I told the owner that I liked the food and hoped they were around for a while, she said "if the Lord is willing."
Maybe serving good food at good prices with good service would have something to do with it?
But...given the history of places in that location, she may need all the blessings she can get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if the location is cursed. I do know you need good food and good service. This location has always had fare to good food. I have rarely had good service. I have gone there in the evenings and did not notice any overly religious overtones. I have never met Geri. I have dealt mainly with her kids.

The food for the most part is good. The specials were mostly fried fare. Hopefully they will expand the list of specials. I was surprised that some pound cake they served was stale.

They will have to step up on service and make sure all the food they are serving is fresh. I will probably go back if they are still in business.

Anonymous said...

i was just there and i really loved the catfish and the red beans and rice. geri was really nice. i'm definitely coming back