Monday, March 23, 2009

Papaya is open and good

Papaya has opened in the Landing, directly across from the Regal Cinemas. It's not what I expected. For whatever reason, I was expecting elegant Vietnamese ala Lemon Leaf, but Papaya is casual and inexpensive. I don't recall anything on the menu over 7.95. I had the Lemon grass chicken and carmelized onions over rice noodles, and my wife had a salmon baguette, a first cousin to sub sandwiches and Vietnamese banh mi. The salmon was very fresh, and the lemon grass chicken was very nicely done, maybe not as spicy as I usually like, but there's a large selection of sauces available to add.
I didn't order dessert, but they sure look tempting. Either I didn't read the menu correctly (that's entirely possible) or they have a maple bacon cream fritter, amongst other things.
It's a fun place with good food, and I hope they do well.

Papaya
830 N 10th st, Suite 11
Renton, WA 425-917-1417

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did not misread the menu they do have a bacon fritter. It has to be one of those things that you can not turn your nose up at unless you try it.

Anonymous said...

I've been hearing good things.

Freakazoid Freddy said...

I would never turn up my nose at a bacon fritter, or bacon anything.

Donnageddon said...

Thai 65 is open now too. With Panda Express and Izakaya Sushi opening soon The Landing is going to pretty much cover the Asian cuisine world.

I am still disappointed that Daphne's Greek Cafe has backed out. Woulda been nice to have something Mediterranean as an option.

But both Papaya and Thai 65 have soem great food.

Freakazoid Freddy said...

Yeah, fer gosh sakes. Kent has a great Greek place. Renton needs one.