Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Breakfast at Ikea

Have I mentioned how much I hate shopping at Ikea?
I know, it's almost disloyal to Renton to say that. Did I mention that the place is too big,the parking garage is insane, I can't find anything, it's too crowded, every piece of furniture or kitchen nicknack is named Sven or Lutefisk or Dritsek, and it just gives me a headache almost every time I've gone there? Not that I'm the type who complains :)

But....they have the best breakfast deal around in their restaurant, if you get there before 10 AM...Your choice of Swedish pancakes with lingonberries and coffee, or two eggs, potatoes, bacon, and bread ( kind of a sweet bread/donut hybrid)and coffee, for $1.99!

If you get there early enough, the store is not open but the restaurant is!
So the parking lot will be empty, you'll even be able to park right next to the entrance, and you won't have to be distracted by some teak veneered magazine holders named Torvald.

Ikea
601 SW 41st St.
Renton, WA 425-656-2980

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now that's a great deal. Think about it, you can eat cheap then work it off by walking around the maze of a showroom looking for more cheap things to buy! I'll have to test it out next time.

Anonymous said...

Freddie - Much like yourself I hate Ikea as well. I remember when Ikea first opened in AZ and it was all the buzz and if I remember correctly people were lined up for 3 days waiting to get in. The Ikea in AZ is bigger than the one here and even the shortcut takes about three weeks to meander through. Needless to say Ikea is just another one of those places that is on "my list".

Lief said...

I am in S. Renton and IKEA drives me nuts. I avoid it like the plague. I first visited an IKEA in Southern Sweden in 1992 (ish) and thought it was kinda weird then too.
BUT! The food is great...mmmm Lingonberries. So now that I know I can get a good breakfast there I am totally down.
And then totally out before the shoppers arrive.

Tootsie said...

Bread? We love the IKEA cheap breakfast but I didn't know it came with bread! Do you have to ask for it?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I wish your blog had a feed so I could follow it better.

IKEA: cons - vast floor plan, the confusing Swedish names on the stuff (it's cute, but a hassle), and sometimes shabby construction

pro: interesting stuff on the cheap

Anonymous said...

Save for a few nifty shelves that act as decent room dividers I agree! I'll have to check out their breakfi. :)