Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Best Happy Hour Food

I just came back from Vince's Pizza in Rainer Beach. It's got to have one of the best happy hour food deals in the Seattle area. You have to dine in the lounge to get the happy hour deal, but dang! Huge antipasto for 2.99. Large plates of pasta for 2.99. Microbrew or import beer for 2.50. 8 inch pizza with pepperoni, sausage, or mushroom for 2.99, all available from 4-6 PM weekdays.
Vince's may be Seattle's oldest pizzeria, having started at this location in 1957. It's also much better than average pizza. The same owners own Pulicinella Pizza on Rainier Avenue, their " authentic" Neapolitan pizza joint. I've eaten there. I like it.
But for my money, I prefer the crust at Vince's ( does that make me a non cultured slob?), and the prices. I've been to Blossom Asian Bistro for happy hour, as well as the Lakeside Bistro, and like them both. Anywhere else I should go?
Vince's
8824 Renton Ave S.
Seattle, WA 98178 206-722-2116

3 comments:

Lady P said...

ohhhh you are talkin my language here!

Anonymous said...

Elliot Bay Brewery in Burien has a really good happy hour. Get the warm feta cheese appetizer (and several beers). You won't be disappointed

Unknown said...

Ah yes, the Rainier Beach Vince's! Used to have "grit-outs" there back in the 70's with our Renton High School auto shop teacher. Glad to see its still a deal!