Sunday, April 11, 2010

Vitmar European Deli

I'd driven past this store numerous times, always with the intention that one day I'd stop in. Last week it happened, and I'm happy it did. Vitmar is a Russian store. Renton also has the Russian Euroslice Deli located within the DK Market at 7th and Lind, but Vitmar has a larger selection.
It's a fun store, and they sell stuff you don't ordinarily see. Like home made pickles, and home made pickled green tomatoes, and home made pickled apples ( sorry, I don't have the guts to try that one.)
I bought a container of the pickles, and they were awesome half sours. They also sell all kinds of cakes, chocolate, and cookies. They sell rugelach, the horn shaped filled cookies which are outrageously delicious,the crust made with butter and cream cheese.
They sell sausages, jars of red cabbage, all kinds of cheese, rye bread, and a large selection of kefir.
I'll go back for pickles soon.
Vitmar
4033 NE Sunset blvd
(at N Union Ave)
Renton, WA 98056
(425) 255-4671

1 comment:

Lady P said...

Oh - rugelah! I used to walk the streets of New York in search of those tasty morsels. Love knowing there is a place close by to go and indulge.