Thursday, October 11, 2007

Noble Perssons

I just received my voter's pamphlet in the mail yesterday, and just wanted to note a couple of things.

1. King County Assessors race: The candidates are Noble and Nobles. Scott Noble, the Democrat, is the incumbent. Jim Nobles, the Republican, is not. Either way, they're making a noble effort to get elected.

2. Renton City Council: Terry Persson, who is not currently on the Council, is running for position number 4, while Don Persson, currently serving on the council, is running for position number 7.
Is it hard to keep the Perssons (people?) straight?

I could never get elected to anything myself because I have an unusual first and last name, and look like a cross between Osama Bin Laden and Buddy Hackett, but...if I changed my legal name to say...Brad Pitt and didn't submit a candidates photo, maybe I'd stand a chance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh really? I was thinking more like a cross between Ahmadinejad and Don Rickles :) Seriously, I laughed so hard when I read your description of yourself that beer squirted out of my nose. That is the highest compliment that I know how to give :) Bravo!

--TinFoilHat

qmax said...

I laughed too. Not sure I would want to meet you in person. Might recognize you by that description. :)

Freakazoid Freddy said...

Thanks. Some people aspire to win the Nobel Prize. I want to make people squirt beer through their nose.